FAQ & Resources
We use the most up to date and evidence-based practices for our curriculums.
PEAK Relational Training Curriculum:
- is an evaluation and curriculum guide for teaching basic and advanced language skills from a contemporary behavior analytic approach
- is a comprehensive approach to ABA Therapy, which embraces traditional verbal behavior accounts of basic language and incorporates contemporary strategies for promoting relational responding which are responsible for our ability to understand and use abstract language.
- More information on PEAK can be found here: https://www.peak2aba.com/
AIM- A behavior analytic curriculum for social-emotional development in children:
- blends together the concepts of Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Applied Behavior Analysis. Together the approach seeks to improve the lives of children with or without disabilities who struggle with social and emotional challenges
- More information on AIM can be found here: https://www.acceptidentifymove.com/about-aim
PEERS- Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills:
- is world-renowned for providing evidence-based social skills treatment to preschoolers, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, anxiety, depression, and other socio-emotional problems.
- More information on PEERS can be found here: https://www.semel.ucla.edu/peers
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are your services for children with autism only or do they go beyond this population?
Many of our services are dedicated for children with autism, but we also offer a wide range of additional services for anyone and everyone.
Who can attend the ACACIA Center?
Anyone! We provide services for all ages and individuals.
Do you offer services covered by insurance?
Many of our services are covered by insurance providers.
Can I just private pay for services?
Yes, you can choose to either use private pay or insurance reimbursement for services.
Will individuals enjoy coming to the ACACIA Center?
Of course! You will have a great time learning new skills and making friends in the process.
Where is the ACACIA Center?
We are located on the campus of Missouri Southern State University at:
4012 Lion Pride Lane
What is the best way to contact the ACACIA Center?
Who works at the ACACIA Center?
The staff at the ACACIA Center are current students at Missouri Southern State University. These students go through intensive training and many of them are certified Registered Behavior Technicians. All of the staff are under the guidance and supervision of our center director, Dr. Schmick, who is a trained and licensed behavior analyst.